Saturday, March 27, 2004

It looks as if I have the Monday Report assignment for March 29th, this coming week. I've written a long essay about the Philadelphia underground lit scene. I hope people read all the way down to the end, because that's when my points will be made, the strands I lay down in the body of the essay hopefully coming together.

If anything, because I take the vantage point of a "serious" essay, the kind I wrote in the past, I understate things. If I were giving my unvarnished ungenteel opinion I'd say that we have some awesome spoke word performers in this city. We're only going to get better. Part of the reason for this is that some of the participants are very competitive with one another-- as Michael Grover is with Frank Walsh. I think I'm good enough myself to push both of them. And, there are some other wonderful talents around also. We'll see what results. Finally, Philadelphia is just a great friggin town.

-King Wenclas-

No comments: